We are gearing up for Madison’s Craft Beer Week taking place from Friday, May 4th to Sunday, May 13th. The list of events for this county wide festival is really starting to get impressive. You can find out about all the great stuff that is going on by visiting the MCBW website at www.madbeerweek.com. Not to be left out, we are planning a bevy of events of our own as part of the festivities.
- Monday, May 7th: Aged Beer Seminar @ Barriques Fitchburg – The Why, What, How of Aging Beer. A seated seminar with tastings and discussion about aging beer. Don’t believe the hype, you can age beer! Hosted by Barriques beer buyer, David Sanborn, who has an aged beer section in his cellar that goes back over 20 years. Mon 5/7 6pm-8pm. $20/person day of the event or signup online now through May 2nd for a discount. Seating is limited.
- Tuesday, May 8th: Basics of Beer @ Barriques Park St. – A casual tasting of several beer selections with Barriques beer buyer, David Sanborn. Examples of ingredients, processes and methods will be on display as well as a few munchies. Stop by and let’s talk beer! Drop in anytime between 5pm-7pm. Admission is FREE and no RSVP is required.
- Wednesday, May 9th: Beer vs. Wine @ Barriques Monroe Street – Taste 5 beers and 5 wine side by side with a few nibblies to clean your palate. Stop in anytime between 6pm-8pm. Admission on day of event, $10 or signup online now through May 4th for a discount.
- Thursday, May 10th: Single Hop Tasting @ Barriques Middleton – Just might be the coolest tasting of the bunch. We will be trying french press hop infusions using Grain Belt as our base beer. Hop varietals in whole hop form to be tested: Amarillo, Saaz, Northern Brewer & Citra. We will also have a few bonus single hop beers to be tasted, namely the Founders Centenial and O’So Hop Whoopin’. Stop in anytime between 6pm-8pm. Admission on day of event, $5 or signup online now through May 4th for a discount.
- Friday, May 11th: House of Brews Night @ Barriques West Washington – Dedicated taps of House of Brews Beer along w/ special pricing and free samples of Barriques test beers. Stop in anytime between 6pm-8pm. Admission is FREE and no RSVP is required.